Ladies and gentlemen, s*** the President said during the previous week:
- “[T]he only way you’re going to have border security – there’s only one way: You can have all the technology in the world. I’m a professional at technology. But if you don’t have a steel barrier or a wall of some kind – strong, powerful – you’re going to have human trafficking…drugs…MS-13 and the gangs coming in.” 1/10/2019 statement on White House south lawn. Let’s just follow that up with another quote, this one from Trump’s former social media manager (don’t all technological pros have one of those?): “The moment I found out Trump could tweet himself was comparable to the moment in ‘Jurassic Park’ when Dr. Grant realized that velociraptors could open doors. I was like, “Oh no.”” This guy said that because he spent the prior few years tweeting stuff Trump wrote down onto paper for him to tweet. Some “professional at technology,” eh?
- “When, during the campaign, I would say Mexico’s going to pay for it, obviously, I never said this, and I never meant, they’re gonna write out a check.” 1/10/2019 statement on White House south lawn. So, Donald Trump’s campaign website is still up. It still has a PDF titled, “Pay for the Wall.” That PDF still says, “It’s an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year.” Its been there since April 2016.
- “I have the absolute right to declare a national emergency. I haven’t done it yet. I may do it. If this doesn’t work out, probably I will do it. I would almost say definitely.” 1/10/2019 statement on White House south lawn. You know it’s a real emergency when the president spends three weeks hemming and hawing and saying things like, “Probably I will,” then proposing a multi-year construction project as the solution. Laboriously building a wall to stop an immigration emergency is a bit like discovering your house is on fire, then asking the fire department to build a new firehouse.
- “I very calmly said, “If you’re not going to give us strong borders, bye-bye.” And I left. I didn’t rant. I didn’t rave, like you reported. I mean, some of the newspapers – and then [Chuck] Schumer always has his standard lie: “He had a temper tantrum.” I don’t have temper tantrums.“ 1/10/2019 statement on White House south lawn. I’m thinking of President Trump as Walter Sobchak from ‘The Big Lebowski’ just losing his shit before regrouping and saying, “Calmer than you are.” What’s important here though is the conflation of the wall with border security. Democrats, including Chuck and Nancy, are all for border security – beefing up controls at ports of entry, hiring additional border security agents and immigration judges, etc. – just not the wall because it wouldn’t help very much.
- “The Democrats – which I’ve been saying all along – they don’t give a damn about crime. They don’t care about crime. They don’t care about gang members coming in and stabbing people, and cutting people up. They don’t care about crime.” 1/10/2019 statement on White House south lawn. Go ahead. Imagine Obama saying this about Republicans. Fox News would call for armed insurrection and every “liberal” news anchor in the country would faint on the spot. Everyone within a mile of a tv camera would wonder aloud how Republicans could possibly be expected to negotiate with him. Hell, just last week, Freshman House Democrat Rashida Tlaib (MI) sort of tested the theory by calling Trump a motherf*cker. It was a weeklong national story, and not because she said mother instead of pornstar.
- “And by the way, here’s the story: there is another major caravan forming right now in Honduras. And so far – we’re trying to break it up. But so far, it’s bigger than anything we’ve seen. And a drone isn’t going to stop it. But you know what’s going to stop it in its tracks? A nice, powerful wall.” 1/10/2019 statement on White House south lawn. For the 100th time, the caravans coming up from Honduras are people legally seeking asylum because they fear for their lives in their homes. They do it legally through ports of entry. A wall would do absolutely nothing to stop this, and if after all these people have been through to get here you’re only thought is to stop them at the 1-yard line and turn them around then maybe your rich, safe, entitled ass should spend some time with them.
- “The buck stops with everybody.“ 1/10/2019 statement on White House south lawn. I can’t wait for the Donald J. Trump book of presidential leadership.
- “I really believe that they don’t care about crime. I really believe this. The Democrats don’t care about crime…I actually think they’re crazy…I really don’t think they care about crime. They don’t care about human trafficking or drugs. They don’t care about anything. I’ll tell you what – they’ve gone crazy.” 1/10/2019 statement on White House south lawn. Calmer than you are.
- “We have to get a win or I’ll have to go to national security. One or the other. Either we’re going to win – either we’re going to win or make a compromise. I’m ok to making a compromise. Compromise is in my vocabulary very strongly.” 1/10/2019 statement on White House south lawn. Get it through your head, liberals! It’s one or the other: either I win, or it’s “national security,” which is vague enough to be meaningless even though I probably meant to say “national emergency”….or I compromise. So one or the other, or the other. Wow. Let’s hope for compromise.
- “Wow. Just learned in the Failing New York Times that the corrupt former leaders of the FBI, almost all fired or forced to leave the agency for some very bad reasons, opened up an investigation on me, for no reason & with no proof, after I fired Lyin’ James Comey, a total sleaze! Funny thing about James Comey. Everybody wanted him fired, Republican and Democrat alike. After the rigged & botched Crooked Hillary investigation, where she was interviewed on July 4th Weekend, not recorded or sworn in, and where she said she didn’t know anything (a lie), the FBI was in complete turmoil (see N.Y. Post) because of Comey’s poor leadership and the way he handled the Clinton mess (not to mention his usurpation of powers from the Justice Department). My firing of James Comey was a great day for America. He was a Crooked Cop who is being totally protected by his best friend, Bob Mueller, & the 13 Angry Democrats – leaking machines who have NO interest in going after the Real Collusion (and much more) by Crooked Hillary Clinton, her Campaign, and the Democratic National Committee. Just Watch! 1/12/2019 Trump tweetstorm. Calmer than you are.
That’s our report for this week. Be sure to check out the links for more info on any particular topic and, as always, thanks for reading.